The Product Owner gathers, analyzes, documents, and validates the needs of Co-construct’s users, and translates those needs into written product and feature requirements. They communicate and disseminate product requirements and specifications to our software development and customer support teams, and play a key role in our product development process.
- Write user stories and product requirements specifications for use by the software development team on both web and mobile development
- Collaborate with Product Designers to understand customer problems and develop innovative solutions
- Work with other product team members to collect product feedback from current users, prospective and past users, and our own sales, customer support teams
- Research product requirements, bug fixes, and new product features
- Serve as a champion for our user’s needs, determining the difference between what users say they want and what they really need
- Clarify and demonstrate new feature functionality for the software development and client services teams
- Participate in Agile software development meetings
- Occasionally assist in software testing to verify the functional requirements on complex features have been met
- Proven experience in gathering feedback and translating it into technical documents (experience with Agile user story format is a plus)
- Working knowledge and experience using web-based and mobile applications
- Possess Strong written, verbal, listening and organizational skills
- Track record of quickly learning new things
- Strong detail-orientation (and maybe even get a little annoyed when other people don’t get why details are as important as you *know* they are)
- Analytical problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate roadblocks and work through the details of product features to find areas of opportunity
- Ability to multi-task between documenting new features and fielding questions on items currently in development
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Previous experience or knowledge in the construction or SaaS industry is a plus
Co-construct is transforming the homebuilding industry by eliminating the daily chaos and creating a rewarding experience for our homebuilders, remodelers, and their clients.
Our cloud-based software solution enables custom home builders and remodelers to better market and organize their business and projects, increasing their revenue and lowering their cost. Our clients love our products—you can check out what they have to say about our solutions.
We are a growing company with lots of opportunity — rated by Inc. Magazine as the 515th fastest growing privately held company in the US in 2014 and again in 2015 as #1027. We’re constantly surprising ourselves with the great things our team is doing! You will hear our team members say “I’ve never worked at a company like this before,” since it’s an extraordinary group of committed people who are constantly shocking our prospects and customers – in a good way. We are the #1 highest-rated company in our space and are #2 by market share — on our way to #1.
Co-construct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. The purpose of this document is to provide a general statement of the major responsibilities of this position and is not intended to describe all elements of the work that may be performed and should not serve as the sole criteria for personnel decisions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance