Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Product Owner, Marketing Site
Fastly understands the importance of a marketing website in the era of buyer-led IT purchasing. Due to its importance, we’re looking for someone that can apply product management skills towards the ongoing development of the site. As a product owner, you will become deeply familiar with the site’s users and their preferences. You will also become proficient in what website improvements can make the most meaningful business impact so that you can prioritize web work effectively. And you will understand your extended team including your creative, technical, and analytical collaborators.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the marketing site backlog including socialization, understanding capacity of internal teams, prioritization, and communicating customer insights to our web development team.
- Manage prioritization of conversion rate optimization (CRO) experiments against the web backlog to continually learn what works best on our site.
- Ensure web CRO experiments can be tracked all the way into our customer relationship management system. Optimize the site to financial improvements, not just clicks and form submits.
- Conduct regular web analysis to surface opportunities for improvement.
- Help our creative and front end development team members understand the impact of their work on the marketing site.
- Evangelize the impact the marketing site has on our business.
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of relevant experience (ideally in web management, web marketing, project management or product management).
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong experience in Google Analytics, CRO, search engine optimization (SEO), and agile project management.
- Team-player; ability to establish trusted relationships.
- Comfortable contributing strategically as well as leading day-to-day tactical execution.
- Open, positive attitude towards change and personal development.
- Proactive and driven to make an impact.
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written).
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open-source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.