We are seeking a well-rounded, Product Consultant who will be involved with analysing and specifying new projects, as well as improving and upgrading existing solutions for the customer.
The Product Consultant will draw on a variety of problem solving abilities and technical skills, working closely with the customer as well as the internal development team to elicit requirement, gather & analyse data and design a solution to meet the business need presented by the customer.
- Establish and develop a healthy, constructive working relationship with our customers.
- Apply yourself actively across multiple projects that are in various phases of delivery, working with a team and customers that span multiple time zones (from the Americas through EMEA).
- Analyse customer data (in various formats such as CSV, XLSX, XML, JSON etc.) for validity, accuracy and completeness; Perform a gap analysis on the data to identify shortcomings or potential risks.
- Gather, critically analyse and document the customer’s business and user requirements through running workshops and meetings with the customer and internal stakeholders. Identify the core business problem to be solved and/or value to be added by Kurtosys using Product Consulting analysis tools, techniques and best practices.
- Applying your knowledge of the Kurtosys platform and products, design a solution that fits the customer’s business & user requirements with a minimum of product change required (config only solutions).
- Attend ceremonies (stand-ups, grooming, retrospectives) to help manage and groom the delivery backlog.
- On certain deliveries, own the documentation space, ensuring it is up-to-date, organized neatly in accordance with standards and contains all relevant information.
- Design user interfaces (website wireframes and components) using industry standard tools and technologies.
- Execute configuration solutions to a high output standard based on business requirements gathered and estimated. Meet your commitments for the timing of deliveries.
- Continuously improve and add value to the Consulting team and function through open and honest communication, hosting training sessions on pre-determined topics, staying current with business analysis industry trends and technology and feeding this back into the team.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and highly driven to continuously learn, adapt and improve yourself and your team.
- A strong understanding of data structures.
- Familiarity with tools like as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or GoogleDocs.
- Familiarity with a requirements management system such as JIRA.
- A strong ability to perform requirements analysis and documentation.
- The ability to confidently push back on out-of-scope, unreasonable or irrelevant requirements and communicating / justifying your reasoning.
- The ability to design a website solution using wire-framing tools, showcasing an understanding of web elements, components and modules.
- An understanding of the software development life cycle and the comparative pros and cons of traditional (“Waterfall”) and Agile techniques.
- A proven capacity to configure technical solutions (data visualisation, data structuring, etc.).
- Experience in web design using Photoshop, Sketch (+ Craft) and InVision.
- A background in asset management or detailed knowledge of the industry.
- An understanding of cloud service providers and technologies as well as future trends in this space.
- Experience in working with database technologies such as SQL Server or MySQL as well as RESTful APIs (XML/JSON).
- At a minimum, a Diploma / Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science / Information Systems.
- Diploma / Certificate in Business Analysis is beneficial.
- Additionally, a qualification in the Financial Services industry is beneficial.
Kurtosys empowers financial services firms to create powerful investor experiences and lasting customer relationships through efficient automation of key sales, marketing and customer service processes. The company provides an end-to-end digital experience platform (DXP) that enables firms to create, manage, publish and optimize all their financial data, documents, websites and content in a secure, compliant environment.
As a result, it is trusted by the world’s leading investment brands to mitigate their risks and reduce their costs while providing the agility to ensure they are first to market. Kurtosys solutions include secure websites and portals, interactive data tools and apps, automated sales presentations, marketing collateral and reporting and document libraries. Kurtosys infrastructure and technology is underpinned by global ISO-27001 certification in information security management, and Kurtosys teams have a deep understanding of working at scale with data, information design, industry regulations and compliance issues.
Founded in 2002, Kurtosys was funded from Silicon Valley investment and operates across three global offices, employing approximately 200 people. The company works with some of the world’s largest financial brands, including banks, wealth managers, mutual fund providers and alternative investments.
Our mission is to empower financial services firms to build highly productive, industry-compliant sales, marketing, and customer service departments.
Using our innovative digital experience platform and tools, our customers can accelerate these functions by automating critical business processes and create stand-out investor experiences that lead to lasting relationships with their customers.
All while reducing risk with technology that ensures alignment with industry regulations and best practices. As a partner in the pursuit of your success, we work tirelessly to understand your goals, helping you sell more, retain more customers, and reduce cost and risk.
Kurtosys is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on relevant experience, qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time