Procurement Officer (4 positions) In the Finance Division
EFD: PD 0215
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned positions. The positions are tenable at the LEC Headquarters in Maseru and the incumbents will report to the Procurement Manager.
• General Accountant, B.Com Accounting or Degree in Procurement Management with an accounting background
EXPERIENCE PROGRESSION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Supply Chain Management
• Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Knowledge of ACCPAC is essential.
• Inventory management skills will be an added advantage
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills
• A valid Driver’s License
• Methodical and disciplined approach to work
• Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated, disciplined and high integrity
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
• Maintenance of suppliers’ database & monitoring of suppliers’ performance
• Coordinating and facilitating the tender issuance, receipt and evaluation processes
• Submitting supplier application forms to the Procurement Manager for approval
• Maintaining the supplier database, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information at all times for ease of reference
• Verifying the accuracy of requisitions from user departments e.g. GL codes and budgetary provisions
• Liaising with user departments and suppliers to ensure that goods and services ordered are received
• Allocating jobs to LEC Registered Electrical Contractors
• Negotiating with suppliers in order to identify and source goods and services that are of high standards in regard to quality and cost
Interested candidates must email their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to [email protected] on or before 15th April 2021. Reference should be made to EFD: PD 0215 on all applications.