POSITION : Procurement Officer
DEPARTMENT : Procurement Unit
RESPONSIBLE TO : Procurement Manager
To reinforce the Procurement Unit of the Ministry of Health in discharging its duties in accordance with the Donor’s procurement rules and the Government of Lesotho regulations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with the program managers to establish the requirements in relation to procurement.
- Assist program manager in preparing the specifications and selection criteria for the goods needed.
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) clearly indicating the specifications & the quantities of the goods required as well as expected delivery schedules.
- Solicit quotations from suppliers in connection with international and/or national shopping methods of procurement.
Lead the evaluation process of the received quotations for selecting the appropriate supplier.
Fill in the requisition forms and prepare purchase orders to commence contractual relationship with the selected supplier.
- Draft contract conditions in consultation with the Procurement Manager to ensure that the Employer/Client are adequately catered for before entering into a contract with any supplier.
- Inspect the goods delivered in consultation with the beneficiary program manger to ensure that the supplier has satisfied his contractual obligations and goods delivered are in accordance with the agreed specifications.
Review invoices submitted by the suppliers and ensure that the contractual terms and conditions are met and recommend them for payment to the authorities accordingly.
- Prepare and issue Acceptance Certificates to the suppliers in relation to the delivered and accepted goods.
- Prepare bidding documents in accordance with the agreed procedures between the Government of Lesotho and Donor Agencies for procurement of goods using National Competitive Bidding and/or International Competitive Bidding methods.
- Assist program managers to prepare sound Terms of References (TORs) matching the selection criteria. Prepare Request for Proposals (RFPs) for consulting services ensuring that the documents are detailed enough to enable the prospective consultants to prepare their proposals on the same footing.
- Lead the evaluation process and prepare evaluation reports to be forwarded to the Tender Panel and the Donor Agencies for approval.
- Compile contract documents for signing by the Employer and the selected supplier/contractor.
- Safe-keep all the documents leading to the award of contract and as well as the signed contract for the purpose of post review and auditing.
- Update the purchase order register and contract registers to ensure that all the necessary information is properly recorded.
- Record all the information regarding the vendors providing the goods normally procured under the Ministry of Health.
- Assist the Health Planning and Statistics Department in preparing annual budgets and cash flows as well as annual and quarterly reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
Degree in Social Sciences (Business Management/BA Economics/BCom/ Pubic Administration) , plus two (2) years’ working experience.
Degree/Advanced Diploma in Supply Chain Management, plus two (2) years’ working experience.
Experience in donor funded projects will be an advantage.
Proficiency in Microsoft office suite packages,
Hard working and ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, > Good communication skills,
Has integrity and upholds highest ethical standards.
Duration and Remuneration:
This position is performance based and is for (1) year period, with a possibility of an extension based on performance and availability of funding.
The salary for this position is market related, but will also be commensurate with requisite qualifications and experience.
Written applications, CVs and certified copies of educational certificates should be submitted to attention of: Procurement Manager, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Ground Floor, Corner Constitution and Linare Road, P.O. Box 514, Maseru. 100. Email address: [email protected]
Contact: (+266) 22325314
Closing, Date for the applications is Friday the 28th September, 2018 at 12:00 noon .