Reports to : Operations Support Manager
Location : Maseru
To provide cost effective and efficient procurement services to Head office, other offices and branches. Responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Forecasts levels of demand for Procurement services and products;
• Conducts research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
• Runs tenders, evaluates bids and makes recommendations based on commercial and technical factor;
• Holistically manages procurement risk;
• Tracks orders and ensures timely delivery;
• Reviews quality of purchased products;
• Receives approved requisitions from Departments together with specifications of requested items and Seeks quotations with all relevant information for suppliers, in accordance with LPB procurement procedures;
• Processes procurement on bases of approved requisitions received from LPB departments; by checking correctness of received requisitions against suppliers’ quotations as per LPB Procurement manual and procedures;
• Selects preferred supplier and prepares purchases order from approved requisition and forwards to Operations Support Manager for checking, signing and onward approval by Head of department;
• Facilitates insurance cover for all LPB assets;
• Facilitates all suppliers’ contracts in relation to Operations Support;
• Prepares monthly report for the section;
• Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bcom Supply Chain/Purchasing or Diploma in Business Studies or equivalent plus two years’
• Drivers license desirable.
• Experience in Banking or financial sector is advantageous.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Customer service orientation, professionalism and honesty;
• Computer skills;
• Accuracy, ability to work under pressure, teamwork,
• Ability to plan and execute plans;
• Good command of Sesotho and English languages.
How to Apply
Applications (including names of three referees) accompanied by certified copies of relevant certificates should be emailed to [email protected]/ or to [email protected]
hand delivered to:
Human Resources Department
Mafike House, 1st Floor
Closing date: 9 April 2021