Reporting: Answerable to the Admin and Finance Manager
The purpose of the position is to provide oversight to purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are cost efficient and are of high quality.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervising all employees and activities in the purchasing unit of LNFOD.
- Preparing plans for the procurement of equipment, services and supplies for LNFOD.
- Receive and record all monies received and paid out by LNFOD.
- Process primary books of accounts, maintain updated records and receipt all cash, properly record it, and bank it intact and in accordance with LNFOD financial and procedure manual to the bank.
- Build the procurement capacity of organisations of persons with disabilities to follow and comply with LNFOD procurement policy and procedure Receive all monies and properly record it.
- Following and enforcing LNFOD’s procurement policy and procedures.
- Comparing, analyzing, and approving products to be purchased by LNFOD.
- Managing inventories, maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, products ETC.
- Maintaining good relations with suppliers and negotiating contracts on behalf of LNFOD.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budget, cost analysis and reports.
- Perform any other related assignment as may be directed by the management from time to time
Qualifications and experience:
-Degree in accounting, business management or any other relevant degree thereto.
-Three years of experience as a procurement officer or in the similar position.
-Proficiency in Microsoft office and pastel accounting system.
-Strong communication and negotiations skills
-Good analytical, and strategic thinking skills
-Attention to detail
-Supervisory and management experience
-Ability to accept difference of persons with disabilities as equal rights holders.
How to apply?
Applicants are required to make online application only by sending their covering letter, CV and certified copies of your academic records to [email protected]
Closing date: 20th November at 12:00 midnight.
The applications should be addressed to:
P.O box 9988 Maseru 100, Lesotho, house no. 22 Mabile road Old Europa Maseru Lesotho.
N.B Please consider your application to be unsuccessful if you cannot hear from LNFOD two weeks after the deadline of the applications.