POST TITLE: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: BURSARY/ ADMIN
REPORTS TO: BURSAR
As the head of Procurement and Stores section as well as Secretary to the Tender Committee, Procurement Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities under supervision of Bursar:
- Liaises with key polytechnic employees to determine their product and service needs
- Supervises all staff in Procurement and Stores section
- Serves as Secretary for the Tender Committee and ensures that at all times policies and procedures are adhered to
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices and quality for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Manages procurement processes and ensure policies and procures are being followed.
- Reviews and feedback on Procurement Analysis Reports quarterly with Bursar to identify issues and find solutions.
- Ensures that all procurement documentation is in compliance with the policy.
- Compare proposals for price and specifications
- Reviews and advises on the Procurement policy of the polytechnic
- Master’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Applied Science, or a Related Field, Especially Those Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) plus at least three (3) years’ experience post qualification in the field of procurement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration/ Business Administration/ Commerce or related qualification plus at least CIPS Level 4 certificate or related with an experience of five (5) years post qualification in the field of procurement, with two years of those at the supervisory level.
Knowledge and skills Required:
- Ability to build and manage business relationships
- Be a good negotiator
- Self-driven, motivated with good communication skills (written as well as oral)
- Be able to work in the most demanding situations
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software
- Understanding of costing principle
- Must have good supervisory abilities
NB * THE POSITION IS ON A FOUR (4) YEAR FIXED – TERM CONTRACT (the contract is renewable based on performance)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should hand-deliver their detailed applications to the LP Human Resources Office which is situated at the Administration 1 Building. The applications should be accompanied by: Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts on or before Friday, 03rd SEPTEMBER, 2021 at 1500 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16