Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT : TEACHING SERVICE DEPARTMENT
JOB TITLE : PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
GRADE E (M101604.00- M117828.00 P/A)
Under the supervision of the Assistant Administration Officer the incumbent is responsible for monitoring the security of stores premises and the items stored in them, and to provide up to date information on stock availability.
1. MONITORING OF STOCK
1.1 Facilitates, as necessary all deliveries and issue of goods to reach end users.
1.2 Reports any deficiency concerning delivered goods to the immediate Supervisor, i.e. Assistant Administration Officer in order for corrective measures to be taken.
1.3 Records stock losses in a timely and accurate procedure for reporting of lost items.
1.4 Reports any stock losses immediately the Assistant Administration Officer for appropriate action to be taken.
1.5 Prepare daily stock reports to facilitate availability of adequate stock.
1.6 Ensure the correct certification of stock inspection, storage and issue of items in order to conform to proper procedures.
2. Inventory Management
2.1 Takes physical stock of goods from time to time with respect to the balances reflected in the Ledger and Bin Cards to cheek if there are any discrepancies or shortages.
2.2 Takes physical inventories in the stock room and in all offices or other locations and maintains stock records.
2.3 Ensures that the Stores Ledger and Bin Cards are updated and reconcile with the quantities in the inventory system.
2.4 Advises the relevant user division of items which are about to reach re-order levels to avoid shortages that could lead to disruption of operations.
(a) Resources control- the task requires responsibility for the sake of safe-keeping, control and maintenance of Government assets.
(b) To work for safety of others- this factor is considered crucial.
(c) For effort of errors- The task requires accurate recording abilities.
(a) Decision making- the task requires proven ability to make decisions concerning the tasks and responsibilities of the incumbent.
• Circulates mail in accordance with procedures and instructions.
• Receives and files official correspondence as indicated by the action required.
• Dispatches open mail correspondence after making sure that such mail is recorded.
• Open both personal and general files whenever the need occurs after consulting the Assistant Executive Officer.
• Responsible for timely file movement and circulation of files as needed by the management staff.
• Maintains and updates register of individual files for both officers in service and officers who have resigned, retired and died.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read and write Sesotho and English.
• Commendable interpersonal skills.
• The position requires someone with accurate recording abilities.
• The incumbent should be able to safe keep, control and maintain large quantities of files.
COSC/LGCSE/GCE plus two (2) years working experience as Office Assistant or related position
JC plus five (5) years working experience
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SERVING OFFICERS MAY APPLY FOR GRADE F POSITIONS HERE ADVERTISED.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than, 30th October, 2019