ICAP is seeking qualified and experienced applicants for the role of Procurement and Logistics Team Lead to oversee aspects of the CDC-funded HIV-Focused Population Surveys Project in Countries Supported under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) project.
This position is contingent upon successful proposal outcome and donor approval.
The Procurement and Logistics Team Lead will oversee project-related supply chain requirements and activities including sourcing/ordering, staging, management, transportation, warehousing and overall and coordination of all procurement related activities.
- Creates and executes detailed procurement and delivery project plans for each project survey in conjunction with vendors, host government entities, CDC and other relevant partners.
- Develops, implements, audits and maintains trackable project plans to ensure materials are available to support survey activities in timely fashion.
- Works closely with country-based procurement and laboratory staff on procedures relating to custom clearance, warehousing, and transport to sites.
- Tracks multiple deliveries and activities in progress and makes real-time decisions concerning actions to be taken in response to unexpected procurement and logistics related events.
- Ensures all actions are conducted in accordance with CDC, ICAP, and University policies.
- Leads the development of strategies and solutions to address complex supply chain issues.
- Makes major contributions to the development and execution of property disposition plans.
- Performs other related duties, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, production operations or related field required.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with international sourcing, transportation, logistics and project management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a managerial position in the management of international logistics, procurements, and/or supply chain, with proven capacity in managing and coordinating a diverse team of technical and support staff in different countries.
- Demonstrated proven experience in roles managing the procurement process (i.e., operational excellence, including operations strategy development, and implementation; strategic international sourcing; international distribution and logistics; supply chain planning; process review, redesign and implementation; and clinical supply chain planning; inventory management) and specialty in biomedical and life sciences research and clinical supply chain and operations.
- Proven experience in establishing working relationships and collaborating with government agencies, bilateral or multilateral donor agencies, and international and national non-profit organizations.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 30% international travel throughout project countries to support the planning and implementation of HIV-focused population surveys.
- Please send cover letter and CV by email with subject title “HFPS – Procurement and Logistics Team Lead” to [email protected]