Kingdom of Lesotho
Ministry of Health
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
DEPARTMENT: Project Implementing Unit
JOB TITLE: Procurement Administrator
PROJECT: Lesotho Nutrition and Health System Strengthening Project (LNHSSP)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Procurement Specialist
DATE OF ISSUE: 4th February 2020
The Government of Lesotho (GOL) is planning to implement the Lesotho Nutrition and Health System Strengthening Project (LNHSSP) with the International Development Association’s (IDA) financial and technical support. The proposed IDA-financed project aims to support the GOL in implementing a multi-sectoral approach to improve health and nutrition outcomes over a five-year period. The project development objective is to increase utilization and quality of key nutrition and health services. Most of the interventions will be implemented nationwide. The LNHSSP has four main components which include component 1) Community-based health and nutrition services; component 2) Improving health facility-based service delivery; component 3) Strengthen government stewardship, project management and monitoring and evaluation; component 4) Contingency Emergency Response Component (CERC).
LNHSSP is a multisectoral project including various ministries such as Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Education and training, Ministry of Agriculture and food Security, Water commission and FNCO. MOH will take the lead of the project and also act as a fund holder of the project for the entire five years of the project. During implementation of this project, the project implementing unit (PIU) will be carrying out various procurements especially for goods and consultancies. In addition to the existing procurement team, the MOH plans to engage the procurement administrator to augment the team.
II. Job Summary
Under the supervision of the Procurement Specialist, Procurement administrator will provide support to the procurement team by carrying out general administrative duties and placing orders for operational activities of the project. This role involves organizing and storing documents, making purchase orders, updating records including STEP, and responding to order issues.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will work as part of procurement unit Staff under the supervision and guidance of the Procurement Specialist and Procurement Manager. The Procurement Administrator will have the following duties:
1. Procurement – Asset Management
- Ensure that all office facilities & equipment are functional all the time and be in charge of arranging any repairs, replacements & maintenance.
- Ensure procurement procedures and authorization procedures are followed.
- Be in charge of all services & maintenance contracts
- Take custody of all office assets, including ensuring safety, managing insurance for all vehicles, tracking movements, regularly updating the Asset register and performing spot checks.
- Keep an up to date and accurate register of all the project assets
2. Prepare Purchase Orders
- With guidance from the Procurement Specialist establish and maintain a performance monitoring database and tracking system for all suppliers/contractors and consultants, for efficiency and timeliness in the delivery of outputs from the services providers and provide support and guidance on how to prepare regular periodic procurement reports.
- Prepare purchase orders of operational activities and send order requests to suppliers.
- Update records and follow up with vendors to check if the order is being processed.
3. Resolve Order Problems
- If issues arise with shipments or orders are incorrect or late, the incumbent will work with the supplier to resolve the issue.
- Communicate with key contacts within Supplier’s companies and ensure that problems are fixed as quickly as possible.
4. Monitor Inventory Stock
- Monitoring inventory stock. This includes observing whether the appropriate items have arrived and determining what needs to be reordered. Procurement administrator must be aware of low supplies of office consumables so that s/he can make purchase orders in advance of stock running out.
5. Coordinate arrangements for meetings, visits, workshops and conferences, related activities.
- Organize and facilitate meetings, visits, workshops and conferences events as required.
- Prepare for all procurement evaluations meetings, by booking venues, issuing all documents required for evaluations.
- Provision of administrative support in evaluation of technical and financial evaluation of bids and preparation of bid evaluation reports in accordance with the Project Implementation Manual provisions;
- Provision of administrative support on the evaluation of technical and financial proposals of consultants and preparation of technical and financial evaluation reports in accordance with the Project Implementation Manual provisions;
- Track workshop funds and budget for such meetings
- Be in charge of all flight bookings and travel arrangements for activities funded by the project.
6. Update and File Records
- Deal with procurement and contract data management for the project – Filing system. Establish a central procurement filing system (both electronically and manually), and ensure all related documents are included in the respective files, to ensure ease of retrieval of information, the ease of following the trail of procurement by independent external auditors or authorized agents; and also for tracing of documents taken by other stakeholders;
- Perform inventory management and administrative tasks such as preparing and forwarding all invoices, updating databases, filing, and organizing documents for accounts.
- Systematically maintain accurate and up-to-date procurement related records and documentations for audit/ review by the MoH and/or World Bank
- Scan all documentation of procurement evaluations for filling into STEP System.
- File all procurement documentation into arch files and keep record of all procurement activities.
IV. Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or Diploma in Procurement and Supply (CIPS Level 4) or equivalent.
- Experience as an Administrator for minimum of 1 year and procurement related activities for minimum 6 months.
- At least 1-year experience working with World Bank related project in administration or procurement related sections and knowledge of STEP (Procurement System shall be an added advantage.
- 1-year experience working in the health sector
V. Key Skills
- Organization skills – record keeping is a key part of this job, as is monitoring inventory and other administrative duties; strong organization skills will help Procurement Administrator track orders and keep accurate records.
- Time management – The incumbent will need to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met and verify that orders come in when expected.
- Teamwork – The incumbent will work closely with other departments and external suppliers.
- Computer knowledge – basic computer skills are important for procurement administrator to update records, respond to emails, and carry out data entry tasks.
- Ability to work independently and be creative and innovative; integrity and ability to work in a team;
- Good listener with demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas as well as make effective and timely decisions;
- Good mastery of standard computer applications: Microsoft Office Package;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; and
- Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
The procurement administrator will be reporting directly to the Procurement Specialist.
The duration of the assignment shall be 12 months renewable, subject to a probation period of four (4) months, satisfactory performance, need and availability of funding.
VIII. Duty Station
The duty station shall be the Ministry of Health Head Office, Maseru, with frequent field visits to project sites.
Successful candidates will be offered performance-based contract; subject to review after the first year with possibly of extension dependent on performance and availability of funds
X. Application Instructions
CVs must be delivered in a written and hard Copy form to the address below, on or before 20th February, 2020, 1200 hour Local time.
Attn: Procurement Specialist
Procurement Unit, Ground Floor, Ministry Of Health Headquarters ,Corner Constitution Road & Linare Road P. O. Box 514, Maseru 100, Lesotho, Tel:(+266) 2732 3277
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks from submission deadline. If you do not receive a call and email from us consider application not successful.