PROCESS OPERATOR #2 UPTAKES (Grade 11)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Process Operator to safely and efficiently operate the equipment and ensure optimum production output and quality.
This role reports into the Shift Superintendent
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Control operating parameters on the unit.
- Refer pre-start up inspection of the stock system, mould, press section and the reeler as per inspection list.
- Start-up and shut down #2 Uptake machine as required to set procedure.
- Complete log, downtime reports, production book and production figures on the system electronically.
- Report potential or actual delays to the Shift Superintendent.
- Understand fully the principle of the Operator running the machine through pro-active trouble shooting knowledge.
- Report operating problems and abnormal machine conditions to the Shift Superintendent.
- Weigh the pulp reels, and logs the tonnage and operates conveyor system if required.
- Conduct plant checks during shifts and report any problems.
- Attend green area meeting at beginning of shifts.
- Check auxiliary equipment on a regular basis as per checklist.
- Change the mould wire when needed with assistance from Shift Superintendent.
- Perform isolation
- Preventsreels from telescoping.
- Clean press rolls during shutdowns.
- Remove broke from reeler platform.
- Control defoamer usage’s.
- Operate overhead cranes to split reels.
- Input Log reel data and downtime causes.
- Raise SAP Notifications to ensure corrective work is performed.
- Identification; communication and mitigation of risks
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 with Maths and Science or
- N3 Pulp & Paper
- 1-3 Years Paper Production Experience
Closing date for applications: 28 August 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.