Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Process Engineer :Projects ( P16 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Process Engineer: Projects to review the effectiveness of processes in single plants in the operation from end to end. Design process improvements to ensure higher production, less waste and improved consistency of quality standards for specific product lines.
This role reports in to the Manager Projects
The main responsibilities of the job are:
- Ensure that all Piping and Instrumentation Documentation, Process Flow diagrams and Mass and Energy Balances for the area are kept updated, published and communicated to all impacted parties in the process.
- Review start-up procedures, shut-down procedures, best operating practices and training manuals prepared by process technicians. Coach them on quality improvements required and sign them off.
- Conduct detailed root cause analysis by gathering input from multiple sources including alarm data, production floor operators, managers Ensure that engineering standards are met for all aspects.
- Provide process input into pre-feasibility studies with a focus on technical parameters and testing assumptions that are put forward by project teams. Participate in feasibility studies by developing draft processes and providing technical advice.
- Develop detailed process designs for specific processes in one or more parts of the production facility. This includes mass and energy balances, valve sizing and tuning,pump sizing and other technical specifications designed to make processes more efficient.
- Work with project managers throughout the implementation of the new processes to obtain feedback on successes and risks. Adjust process designs if required. Measure.
- the outcome of the process changes to determine if the efficiency improvements have been achieved.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or B Tech Chemical Engineering with Pulp and Paper Experience
- 3-5 years process experience in a manufacturing environment
Closing date: 28 June 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.