PROCESS COTROLLER ASSISTANT – KLB (GRADE 11)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill is offering a t raining and development program to become a competent Process Controller on PM 1 by assisting the Process Controller and completing necessary manuals, obtaining minimum qualification and licences.
This role reports into the Shift Superintendent
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Obtain all the outside plant licenses, from the Strapline, Winder, Dry end and Wet-end. Obtain full comprehension of machine systems and operations.
- Complete the process controller training manual: Study and obtain full comprehension of Best Operating Procedures, Start-up & Shut down procedures, Paper processes, Paper chemistry etc.
- Obtain license in lock-out & isolation procedures, gas test & overhead crane.
- Perform pre – start inspection according to making sheet and best operating practices.
- Train on DCS operation to be able to start up and shut down the Wet-end according to best operating procedures.
- Control all visual and physical paper properties except calliper
- Take corrective action whenever problems occur on paper quality
- Report operational problems, abnormal conditions and equipment defects to the Shift Superintendent
- Optimize furnish mixes at all times as directed by production requirement
- Complete exception report on a shift basis and take action on non – conformances
- Check all consistencies and compare with laboratory results twice per shift – take corrective action on discrepancies
- Check felt and wire cleaning sequence
- Check and correct excessive effluent flows and fresh water make – up
- Perform shut tasks as assigned by Shift Superintendent
- Record mechanical, electrical, instrumentation or operating downtime in the OEE system
- Take and hand over shift
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards
- Carries out BBS Observations
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric (Maths & Science) or N3 Pulp and Paper
- 3 Years KLB experience
- Outside Operator licence
- Study towards relevant NQF 5 qualification
C losing date for applications: 06 April 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.