At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Closing Date: 6th May 2021
Reporting to the Executive Head M-PESA, Risk Manager will be responsible for embedding operational risk framework, measure and manage operational risk of the company and promote operational risk function at business unit level. Also initiate business unit operational risk assessments and facilitate and conduct risk assessments at tactical level with heads of departments to ensure that all critical and high business risks have been identified and sufficiently mitigated. To provide input and support for principal risk assessment workshops.
- Setting out a consistent approach for managing risk across the business units, aligned with relevant standards and industry best practice and ensuring integration within business units.
- Setting out the process for escalating and reporting risk.
- Ensuring that business units understand their risk management requirements.
- Providing reasonable assurance that risks associated with achieving business objectives have been understood and are appropriately responded to.
- Regular reporting of risk management progress, risk registers and risk-related issues to the Risk Management Committee or any other related committee
- Collaborating with internal audit resources to ensure proper control of risks and adherence to procedures.
- To identify and communicate new and emerging risk trends
Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in commercial studies majoring in Risk Management
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in a financial institution
Fraud and EthicsProgram AssuranceInternal ControlsRisk AssessmentRisk ManagementRisk Management ProcessRisk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.