Public Officers’ Defined Contribution Pension Fund and Specified Offices Defined Contribution Pension Fund (Pension Fund) have engaged IGGLE Consulting and Coaching to invite applications from suitably qualified Basotho candidates for the exciting strategic leadership position:
PRINCIPAL OFFICER (PO)/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Reporting to the Boards of Trustees, the Principal Officer will be responsible and accountable for providing strategic leadership on all aspects of the Pension Fund’s efficient and effective management, timely delivery of the Pension Fund’s core mandate, financial management, governance, compliance and reporting responsibilities.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs):
- Plans, manages and implements the Pension Fund Strategic Plan
- Executes the Boards of Trustees and its Committees instructions and resolutions
- Effectively and efficiently manages the Secretariat performance and staff
- Ensures the Funds’ compliance with all statutory aspects of the management of the Fund
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of the Fund’s financial performance in line with good governance and practice
- Maintains productive and good working relationship within the Secretariat, Service Providers and other stakeholders
- Guides and advices the Boards of Trustees on strategic and corporate governance issues
- Provides advice to the Trustees on policies and procedures
- Reviews and manages the Fund’s contracts
- Effectively and efficiently manages stakeholder performance, relationships and engagements
- Recommends strategies and methodologies for the improvement of the Funds
- Oversees the distribution of the Members’ Benefit statements
- Oversees the implementation of Member Communication strategy
- Demonstrates capacity to resolve Fund’s complex or controversial issues that may arise.
Core Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to maintain effective work outputs under pressure
- Passion to deliver excellent service to members and beneficiaries
- Excellent problem solving, strategic and analytical abilities
- Proven record of risk management and corporate governance
- Multi-skilled in the legal, financial and investments sectors
- Proven leadership and work standards and business ethics
- Strong commitment to deliver on Fund’s strategic objectives
- High standard of ethics, transparency, integrity, confidentiality, independence and consistent application of the Fund’s processes,
- Sound knowledge of the retirement funds regulatory regimes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at an executive level
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills and abilities
- Computer literate
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of relevant Post Graduate Qualification in Business and/or Commercial degrees
- Relevant experience in the Pension Fund and Investment Industry
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in a managerial position
Specific Job Requirements:
- Must have a valid police clearance
- Must have no prior adverse record with the Central Bank of Lesotho
- Must not have been declared insolvent
Salary and Benefits:
The Pension Fund offers attractive competitive market related remuneration commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
Submission of Applications
If you are interested candidate and capable of making impact at this strategic leadership level, you should send an application letter, a detailed CV, names of two referees and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts addressed to:
The Chairperson of the Boards of Trustees
4th Floor Pension Fund House, Constitution Road
P.O. Box 14395
Enquiries may be directed to Mr. Mofolo on (+266) 62208774 / 63922556.
For a detailed job description for this position, visit our website at: www.pensionfund.org.ls
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be directed to short-listed candidates only.
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by Pension Fund.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- Pension Fund reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.