- Opportunity to work for global company
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Role based in Richards Bay
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Advisor: Long term mine planning to develop strategic and tactical plans that maintains optimal feed to the Mineral Separation plant and Smelter. The Mine Development department provides management with information for technical evaluation and continuous review of the resource and reserve assets in order to ensure production according to the mine plan.
Reporting to the Manager: Mine Development, you will:
- Determine and Maintain mine design criteria for all the RBM orebodies
- Oversee the compilation of monthly updates of production schedules for all plants based on the life of mine plan.
- Project manage and provide guidance to the evaluation of mine expansion options and guide the mine design process for options under consideration or execution
- Liaise with operations to ensure that mine designs and production schedules are achievable
- Produce mine designs that maximize the value of our mineral assets and strives to meet all business objectives
- Ensure that best practice reconciliation methods are used to validate the resource and reserve models
- Provide technical expertise and analysis from a mining engineering point of view on various projects
- Supervise and control the activities, standards of performance and behaviour of designated support staff
About you To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Financial modelling knowledge and Project management background would be beneficial
- EB License
- Training: Mining and Scheduling Software
- 5 years post-graduate experience in a technical mine environment
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office Suite).
- An excellent understanding of the mining and processing value chain is crucial.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental, etc)
Where you will be working
Certified as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognized sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development program and an internationally recognized environmental rehabilitation program to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company’s employment equity plan.