The National AIDS Commission (NAC) needs to contract a Prevention Consultant with the purpose to provide technical support for capacity strengthening of NAC in areas of Multi-sectoral Coordination with HIV Prevention of Non-health as the main priority. The consultant will be expected to facilitate strategic entry and exit points on Prevention related work between the Ministry of Health (MOH) and NAC, to level the field for improved implementation and leadership of both state and non-state actors under the realm of both institutions. Lesotho has made recognizable progress in the development of HIV Prevention guiding documents such as: HIV Prevention Road Map with a Scorecard for national and international Reporting, and the HIV Prevention Capacity Assessment
Ref: NAC-PREVENTION CONSULTANT – 19
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the consultant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set national prevention programme, financing and impact targets for 2020 in line with the 2016 Political Declaration and adjust national results frameworks to ensure 90% of high-priority groups in high-prevalence settings and key populations access combination prevention;
• Strengthen the national lead organizational entity for prevention and empower it to hold actors accountable, increase national HIV prevention management capacity, and strengthen national accountability frameworks, including establishing real-time data monitoring and annual peer performance reviews;
• Introduce the necessary policy changes to address legal, social, economic and gender-related barriers to prevention programme demand, access and uptake, and create an enabling environment for prevention programmes for adolescents, young people and key populations;
• Develop operational plans for key prevention programmes in line with scale-up targets, including definitions of locations and populations, service packages and standard operating procedures;
• Commit to, and make concrete plans for, adequate investments in primary HIV prevention, as part of a fully funded national response, so that increased domestic resources and a quarter of HIV spending on average go towards such programmes. This includes social contracting and monitoring mechanisms to allow government funding for civil society implementers in order to reach global commitments for community service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The consultantshould preferably have a Master’s Degree in social sciences, psychology, sociology, public health, development studies or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in areas HIV and AIDS.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the relevant field with a strong emphasis on HIV Prevention, and Multisectoral Coordination.
- Strong networking with government organization and other national and international NGOs or development partners related to the implementation HIV and AIDS programmes.
- Good communication, facilitation and project management skills good written and spoken English.
- Ability to carry out assignment according to the TOR.
Email your CV, application letter and copies of certified certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 14th November 2019 at 12:00. Hand deliveries must be to NAC premises.
This advertisement has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting. Qualifying candidates may be required to undergo competency tests.