Background: RISE in collaboration with MOH contributes to the National COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan by improving vaccine coverage, strengthen the oxygen ecosystem, and support health system capacity for the management of COVID-19 patients. With additional funding, Jhpiego through RISE, will work with stakeholders to strengthen the referral system.
Goal/Purpose: To provide technical assistance to Jhpiego Lesotho, Ministry of Health and stakeholders in the development of a pre-hospital emergency referral system.
Duration: Up to 6 Months (Expected start asap)
- Conduct a rapid assessment of the existing Pre-Hospital referral system including assessing the availability of ambulances, dispatch/communication system, triaging, emergency medical technicians (EMTs) etc
- Develop a proposed scale up plan with clear priorities, deliverables and timelines
- Develop TORs and CO- facilitate the referral system technical working group meetings
- Lead the development of tools and manuals for the referral system
- Conduct training of health care workers and EMTs on the tools, protocols to operationalize the referral system
- Support the development of training of Emergency Medical Technicians in Lesotho, including training manuals in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate the establishment of an ambulance dispatch system at central and district level including setting up “one number call center “for Lesotho.
The following are the minimum qualifications and experience for this consultancy
- Advanced Qualification in Emergency Medicine or Trauma Medicine (Mmed or Fellowship)
- Experience in establishing pre-hospital referral systems, including ambulances and dispatch systems.
- Expertise in training health workers and emergency medical technicians in emergency response as appropriate
- Strong writing, documentation and coordination skills
- Experience in data management and report writing
To be eligible for consultancy services with Jhpiego, you must be registered in the consultancy data base. Please use link below to register: