The PND Centre for homework and study in informal settlements is a nonprofit organisation that was established to support the children and youth in informal settlements, the pilot project is in Kya sands informal settlement. The centre provides three main programmes, educational programme, social development programme and a gender equity programme. The centre is looking for an auxiliary social worker to work in Kya sands informal settlement. This programme aims at assessing the needs of children in informal settlements and providing basic support.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience, develop employability skills and help build your community.
Remuneration: PCHS is an NPO but will offer a stipend
- Conduct home visits to understand family & community dynamics and needs
- Profile children & youth living in Kya sands informal settlement using both secondary and primary research data.
- Provide counselling sessions to both children and youth at the centre
- Play an active role in writing proposals for relevant support requirements and facilitate intervention strategies.
- Be registered with the South African Council for Social Services Profession
- Police clearance
- Fluency in multiple South African languages
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in making available your expertise to serve the community on a volunteer Basis, please submit a CV with at least 3 contactable references, the subject of your email should mention the subject you are applying for, send to [email protected]
Note that correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within one (1) month after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. PHCS reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.
For information and/or inquires contac: David Phiri
081 553 0206
For more information on SARWatch visit http://www.pndprojects.co.za/