Strategy, Planning and Projects Division
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned position. The position will be on a three-year performance based contract and is tenable at the Head Office in Maseru. The incumbent will be responsible to the General Manager Strategy, Planning and Projects.
• BSc Electrical Engineering AND Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management or higher.
• PRINCE 2 or PMP certification will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of five years’ experience in planning and project management
• Computer literacy is highly critical e.g. knowledge of Microsoft Project & MS Excel
• Project Management proficiency is essential.
• Methodical and disciplined approach to work
• Excellent Managerial skills
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills
• Self motivated, disciplined and high integrity
• Valid driver’s licence
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
• Managing the Planning and Projects Department to enhance the overall performance of the department.
• Developing annual electrification programme for LEC.
• Developing transmission network expansion projects.
• Defining and acquiring appropriate design and project management software for successful design and implementation of projects.
• Monitoring and managing the implementation of transmission projects.
• Reviewing and approving surveys and designs for electrification projects, transmission projects, service connection designs and cost estimates for industrial and commercial
• Reviewing and approving variations of construction and design standards, and updating engineering manuals accordingly.
• Attending progress and technical site meetings of major projects.
• Preparing annual budget and cash flow plans for the Department.
• Reviewing and approving payments to contractors engaged by the Department.
• Representing LEC in SAPP planning subcommittee and management committee.
• Liaising with Rural Electrification Unit in matters pertaining to electrification and
provides technical support.
Interested candidates must email their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 08th April 2021
Reference should be made to ESPPD: PPD 0209 on all applications.