All qualified Basotho applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certified academic qualifications for the position of Pit Superintendent on or before the 21 February 2020.
Applications should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject line RE: Application For Pit Superintendent Position OR hand delivered to SMD Maseru Office, 15 UN Road, Sentinel Office Park. The position is based at SMD Mine, Kao.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• Blasting ticket or similar
• Qualification in Mining or Sub Discipline (Advantageous)
• 3 Years’ Experience in trackless machines in mining environment
• 3 Years’ Experience in Diamond and Open Pit Environment
• 1 Year Experience as Pit Superintendent
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Sound Knowledge of all Operating Machinery (TMM) and production processes • Sound Knowledge of Strata Control
• Knowledge of Open Pit Blasting
• Sound Knowledge of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MHSA)
• Assume responsibility for the maintenance and construction of relevant roadways in and around the mine
• Managing budget
• Assist in forecasting and facilitating meeting production and cost objectives
• Manage expenditure within area of control
• Control schedules and resource utilization
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
• Provide appropriate resolution for tasks and deadlines not met
• Assume direct responsibility for daily production operations, including the overall responsibility for staff.
• Lead multi-disciplined team to ensure that production, cost, safety and environment targets are achieved.
• Assume active role in the design and management of improvement projects
• Ensure the ore is being mined properly and that mined reports are accurate
• Provide input and advise during the preparation of the mine plan and its compatibility with the site operating plan
• Ensure mining is performed as per the mine production plans
• Ensure disciplined execution of blasting schedule and procedures
• Review and briefing of all relevant Mining procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Supervisory Skills
• Organizing Skills
• Proven track record in management of multiple tasks, prioritization and the development of sound project timelines
No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.