Implementation of physiotherapy rehabilitation modalities in prevention and management of injuries resulting from sport, conducting of intervention processes for injury screening, evaluation and treatments of injuries for UJ Sport Athletes.
- Management of the Physiotherapy services within UJ Sport
- Mentor Physiotherapy students as part of Work Integrated Learning programme
- Diagnose, assess and treatment of Injured Athletes resulting in optimal patient care and management
- Develop and review specific physiotherapy rehabilitation interventions for the injured athletes
- Provide regular reassessment of the injured athlete to see progress
- Advise and educate coaches and athletes about how to prevent injuries
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics
- Identify research opportunities within the field of injury rehabilitation and injury prevention
- Develop forms and records to document all activities that all information is appropriately documented and secured
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the division on the progress.
- Review the quality of the work completed on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the standards
- Quarterly and annual report writing.
- Do research to keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating injuries
- Support the Unit in the fundraising project that they have identified and committed on doing.
- Assist and maintain strategic internal and external partnerships
- Liaise with local, provincial, regional and national sport structures.
- Adhere to the ethical guideline of HPCSA, South African Physiotherapy Association (SAPA), Physiotherapy Association of South Africa
- Bachelor is Degree or BSc in Physiotherapy qualification (NQF 7), preferably with Sport Physiotherapy (SPT) and Orthopaedic Manipulation Therapy (OMT) certificate or equivalent.
- Two (2) to three (3) years working experience, and must be a registered Physiotherapist, specializing in sport injuries.
- HPCSA and SAPA registration with valid malpractice insurance
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety and sports related safety measures.
- Be knowledgeable and have proven skills in the field of sport science, strength and conditioning for multiple sporting codes
- Be competent in sport specific assessment tools
- Level 2 First Aid
- A valid driver’s licence
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Must be self-motivated and be able to complete job assignments without direct supervision
- Strong relationship-building and consulting skills;
- Analytical thinking
- Be able to effectively liaise with players, coaches and administrators.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills.
- Effective leadership and people management
- Experience in University Sport
- Relations with, but not limited to Medical Practitioners, Biokineticists and Chiropractors
- Conversant with Microsoft office packages
- The ability to perform under pressure;
- Excellent writing, verbal and electronic communication skills;
- Good Presentation Skills
- Relations with, but not limited to Medical Practitioners, Physiotherapists, Biokineticists and Chiropractors
Please note that the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT and NOT for application purposes.
Enquiries regarding job content: Ms. Marianne Viljoen (011) 559 – 3362
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Mr. Innocent Masoka (011) 559-1531 (HR Business Partner)
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
To submit your application for the above-mentioned post, please register (first-time users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) or login (existing users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) by going to the website of the UJ e-recruitment portal (http://jobs.uj.ac.za) and uploading a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to [email protected]
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details:
0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. For this post candidates from the designated groups in terms of the 1998 Employment Equity Act, including designated women, will be preferred. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.