Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Lesotho (BCMCF-L) invites applications from suitable candidates for the following positions. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to BCMCF-L Maseru, on or before Wednesday the 18thSeptember 2019 at 5 pm.
Post: Pharmacy Technicians
Based at Mokhotlong Hospital, Butha Buthe Hospital, Seboche Hospital
Reporting to the Project Pharmacist and the Hospital, the Roles include but are not limited to:
- Preparing medicines for dispensing, including pre-packing
- Checking the validity and accuracy of prescriptions.
- Dispensing medications to patients and providing medication counselling to patients and caregivers.
- Calculating and reviewing the adherence of patients to their medicines.
- Documenting as needed in MOH registers or reports.
- Ensuring that medicines are appropriately and securely stored.
- Preparing data on consumptions and ordering of medication and supplies
- Performing regular stock counts.
- Participating in educational activities which are aimed at improving patients’ lives.
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a pharmacy technician