Job Title : Pharmacy Technician
Institution : Lesotho Planned Parenthood Association
Division : Finance and Administration
Location : Head Office
Responsible to : Finance & Administration Director
The Pharmacy Technician will assist with the preparation and distribution of prescription medications by filling orders for patients and ensuring that they are delivered to the right locations and patients, guarantee that the pharmacy has the right amount of stock to meet patient needs, package and label completed orders.
- Receiving, verifying and filling of prescriptions
- Completing patient paperwork related to the filling of prescription
- Ensuring availability of drugs by delivering them to appropriate patients
- Maintaining pharmacy’s safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations
- Making requisitions for drugs and supplies in accordance with standard operating procedures of the MOH
- Orders, receives stocks, and maintains inventory of drugs and commodities and ensures they are securely and appropriately stored and utilized in such a way that expirations and stock-outs do not occur
- Verifies that information on the prescription is complete and accurate
- Enters data in computer system, recording all the prescriptions, requisitions, and disbursements, as directed
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Assembles prescription packets for patients and groups (e.g. Community ART groups)
- Records administered medication in patient charts
- Perform regular stock counts and ensure accurate completion and filling of bin cards for accurate stock taking KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work in a professional manner and maintain good relationships with patients and colleagues
- Excellent analytic, writing skills and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Fluency in Sesotho and English is required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATON AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Pharmacy Technology plus 1 year of work experience in a pharmacy setting
Applicants are to submit a COVERING LETTER, COMPREHENSIVE CV and CERTIFIED COPIES OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES to: The Human Resource Officer, P.O Box 340 Maseru 100.
- The closing date for receiving full applications is the 30th July 2021, at 12:00 noon.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Selection interviews will be at a date, time and place determined by the LPPA.
- LPPA reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
“The Association shall not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, ethnic origin, political belief, gender, disability, sexual orientation, HIV status and sex.”