Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (KARABO EA BOPHELO) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions available under Expanding HIV/TB Clinical Services (ETHICS) Project on a full-time, contract (renewable) basis.
Pharmacy Technician x 1
Based at Maseru COE
The incumbent will perform a wide variety of secretarial and administrative duties to support the Executive Director and other members of the Senior Leadership of BCMCFL. Executive Secretary will report director to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments for the Executive Director and other BCMCFL leadership as directed
- Conduct weekly diary meetings to discuss upcoming events, engagements, invitations and other requests with the Executive Director and other leadership as requested
- Prepare and circulate meeting agendas upon request
- Attend Senior Management and other meetings as requested; prepare and circulate minutes
- Receive and organize letters sent to the Executive Director, and distribute to appropriate staff members
- Prepare replies to email and/or mail as directed
- Receive and prepare documents for signing by the Executive Director, and distribute to appropriate departments as requested
- Maintain meticulous files and records of all communication/correspondence, meeting notes and minutes, and other key documents in a confidential manner and in accordance with BCMCFL’s record retention policy
- Receive invited guests and important visitors and invited guests, and ensure that their needs are attended to in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all tasks performed on behalf of BCMCFL management
- Provide administrative support to other members of the senior leadership as directed
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Specialized certification in Secretarial training or Office Management/Administration from a recognized institution
- Degree in Administration/Management or Social Science Is an added advantage
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills in English and Sesotho
- Strong organizational skills and time management, with excellent attention to detail and proven ability to deal effectively with multi-tasking
- Excellent teamwork skills, phone etiquette and problem-solving skills
- Excellent experience in the use of computer software and Microsoft office systems is a must
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 06th March 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.