Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The primary role for this position is to provide sound and critical technical analysis and idea generation to the country director and the commercial team to ensure a sustainable commercial strategy and topline growth.
The Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing commercial performance through standardized analysis and reporting to group
- Coordinating the company’s 1Y and 3Y commercial planning process
- Driving the company’s revenue growth and retention strategies
- Monitoring revenue and volume performance and recommending corrective actions in order to deliver against budget
- Determining optimal price points for existing and planned brands and packs
- Analyzing price elasticity’s change effects on volumes and revenue at brand, pack and income statement levels
- Ensure the effectiveness of volume driven incentives and promos at the marginal contribution level
- Perform discount and deal analysis to ensure value maximization at deal level
- Analyzing brand profitability and discussing opportunities for improvement with operational and financial stakeholders inside the business
- Ensuring accurate monthly reporting of all income statement items from revenue to gross margin through accruals, journals and account reconciliations
- Ensuring appropriate monthly cut-off and closing of all top-line FSLI’s up to gross margin
- Perform value chain analysis for existing and new brands to ensure
- Coordinating the annual budgetary process and ensuring alignment to overall financial strategy
- Monitoring and evaluating company performance against budget and in line with the company zero based budgeting principles
- Be the ZBB Lead for Commercial and the business as necessary.
- Lead the Latest Estimate (LE) process and reporting for both ZBB and BBP
- Report to Zone on YTD product mix and performance
- Report to zone on monthly and YTD net revenue and EBITA performance
- B.Com Degree in Accounting OR General Accountant/ Registered Accountant Certificate with at least 5 years of work experience
- 3-5 experience within FMCG environment
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 07 October 2021.