RE-ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF PERFORMANCE ANALYST-WATER
The Lesotho Electricity and Water Authority (LEWA) has been set up in terms of the Lesotho Electricity Act No.12 of 2002 as amended, to regulate the electricity supply, urban water supply and sewerage services in the country.
LEWA invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the following position:
DEPARTMENT : TECHNICAL REGULATION-WATER
JOB TITLE : PERFORMANCE ANALYST-WATER
REPORTS TO : MANAGER-TECHNICAL REGULATION -WATER
Under the general supervision of the Manager Technical Regulation – Water, the Performance Analyst – Water is responsible for carrying out periodic inspections, technical audits and analysis of reports to assess the performance of the provider of urban water supply and sewerage services (UWSSS) in accordance with prescribed regulatory instruments.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out inspections periodically and in special circumstances on the UWSSS infrastructure; Carry out technical audits and requisite tests, on the provision of UWSSS as directed by the Authority for regulatory purposes;
- Monitor compliance with quality of service and supply standards for UWSSS by service providers;
- Analyse prescribed (and requested) reports submitted by UWSSS providers;
- Assist the Manager to develop a coherent and technically sound approach on all regulatory and licensing framework for UWSSS;
- Assist in development of an auditing plan for assessing performance compliance in line with the applicable Water and Sewerage quality standards;
- Asses and monitor progress made on capital projects of licensees;
- Carry out technical appraisals on proposals submitted by applicants.
- Carry out a technical analysis of information provided by the licensees for the purpose of reviewing and setting of tariffs;
- Assist in monitoring technical performance of licensees and recommend appropriate levels of technical performance or standards for the industry;
- Assist with technical inputs in developing rules and by-laws to be used in the regulatory function.
- Participate in resolution of technical disputes between licensees and customers;
- Provide prescribed Assessment Reports in the provision of UWSSS by the providers;
- Perform such other functions as the Authority determines.
- Water regulation analytical reports
- Water and sewerage audit compliance reports
- Inspection reports
- Performance Assessment reports.
Education and Experiences
- Degree in Civil Engineering specializing in Water Supply.
- A post graduate qualification on water management will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in urban water supply industry.
- Valid driver’s license will be an added advantage
- Ability to work in a team and own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative, innovative and creative
- Conflict management skills
- Analytical skills and decision making skills
Remuneration and Benefits
The Authority offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The post is based in Maseru.
Application letters together with updated Curriculum Vitae, certified Copies of educational certificates and copy of driving license should be send or hand delivered to the following address:
The Manager, Finance, Human Resource and Administration
Lesotho Electricity and Water Authority
7th Floor Moposo House
Private Bag A315
The closing date for submission of applications is on or before 20th September 2019 at 12:00 noon.
N.B Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you do not hear from us three weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.