Our Mr Price Home Division is currently looking for a talented individual with training and development experience to join the mrphome People Team. The objective of this role is to provide learning solutions within mrphome division to meet skills gaps and enable associates to perform more effectively in order to achieve business outcomes and drive high performance within teams whilst safe-guarding and championing the company culture, values and brand. This role does require travel, so the successful candidate must be willing and able to travel nationally fairly regularly.
This role will focus on the following areas:
Developing and implementing strategies around talent acquisition and onboarding at various levels of the business to facilitate business growth and sustainability, including the following:
- Drive talent acquisition at store level via the JumpStart programme
- Partnering with Group HR and relevant institutions to attract candidates into our intern programmes
- Implementing and improving current Trainee Programmes to facilitate development of succession pipelines
- Induction and orientation programmes in place and monitored for new associates and those undergoing role changes
Developing and implementing talent management strategies to support line management to maintain a high performance culture, including the following:
- Developing content and programmes for divisional learning initiatives
- Initiatives to build management and leadership capacity
- Ensuring learning pathways are in place to facilitate enablement and development at all levels
- Facilitation of training interventions across the business based on operational needs
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of human behavior, be service driven, have an ability to influence and build relationships, remain relevant with local and international HR trends, and be results focused. In addition, the follow requirements apply:
- A recognized HR Degree/ Diploma
- Minimum 3 years similar experience in a retail environment
- Ability to develop training content and facilitate training
- Be proficient with technology, including social media
- Have a great understanding of competencies and the dynamics of human behavior
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the business
- Self-starter with good follow through skills
Who we are
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; MILADYS; sheet street and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.