Job Title : Peer Educator x 9
Institution : Lesotho Planned Parenthood Association
Division : Programs
Location : Maseru, Maputsoe & Mafeteng
Responsible to : Youth Officer
Personnel directly supervised by title: None
The primary responsibility of Peer educator will be to act as point of contact for the target groups. He/she will be available at all times to assist and ensure that target groups access HIV and SRH services and ensure that referrals are completed.
- Liaise with supervisors and other colleagues to develop and implement weekly and monthly mobilization plans and produce periodic report as needed by the Supervisors.
- Mobilize and facilitate access to health services specifically for target populations.
- Link target individuals to nearby health facilities and ensure that integrated SRH services including HIV testing have been accessed.
- Organize outreach activities for target populations.
- Distribute condoms in identified hotspots and draw re-filling plans.
- Know services that are available on LPPA facilities and share the information with the target groups/individuals.
- Be supportive and encourage others in their attempts to move forward.
- Provide IEC/SBCC materials to target populations/individuals.
- Be advocates by influencing peers to access HIV and SRH services.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Supervisors.
- Be a bridge or link to people and the resources that may help them
- Be supportive and encourage their peers in their attempts to move forward
- Be able to create partnerships and network that create effectiveness
- Be able to challenge unhealthy attitudes and behaviors
- Be able to communicate effectively with peers
- Be conversant with HIV/AIDS latest information
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Junior Certificate
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in donor funded projects working with Key Populations and long-distance Truck Drivers.
Applicants are to submit a COVERING LETTER, COMPREHENSIVE CV and CERTIFIED COPIES OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES AND TRANSCRIPTS to: The Human Resources Office, P.O Box 340, Maseru 100.
- The closing date for receiving full applications is the 28th April 2020, at 12:00 pm.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Selection interviews will be at a date, time and place determined by the LPPA.
- LPPA reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
“The Association shall not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, ethnic origin, political belief, gender, disability, sexual orientation, HIV status and sex.”