The Pebbles Project Trust is a registered nonprofit organisation that supports children, families and communities on the wine farms in and around Stellenbosch and Wellington. The work of Pebbles consists of 5 main pillars: education, health, nutrition, protection and community.
The Pebbles Project seeks to employ Kitchen Programme Manager to be based in Stellenbosch.
The Pebbles Kitchen is a new Social Enterprise food production facility being developed outside Stellenbosch. The facility will produce cooked meals for the Pebbles beneficiaries, and then grow to supply other organisations. These meals will be sold to help cover the running costs of the facility, but not for the generation of profit.
- The overall running of the Pebbles Nutrition Programme and The Pebbles Kitchen, including:
- Financial Management –Delivery of sales targets, gross profit margins, variable cost budget’s. Production of annual budget’s, business plan growth, monthly and annual reporting and capital expenditure control
- Menu planning, recipe development and range innovation for the growth in sales and brand awareness
- Operations- day-to-day operations within the Kitchen, production planning, stock control, logistical planning and customer liaison. Training of the Kitchen Manager and the Kitchen Assistants
- Health and Safety –Creation and management of the Health and Safety File -day to day reporting, audits and policy checks. Batch management, recipe and allergen control, supplier assessment, chemical analysis and hygiene control, approvals from Health and Safety Dept.
- Property –landlord relationships, repairs and maintenance, fire control, pest control
- Pebbles Farm Liaison and management- feedback and logistical delivery
- The development of a new client base for the supply of meals- both NPO and commercial entities. Finding and securing the business, developing and costing appropriate range, production planning, logistics, financial returns and reporting
- The development of supplier ‘partners’ for the growth of food donations into the Kitchen for the production of meals
- Communication with Pebbles senior management, Pebbles Trustee’s and Donor’s, including all reports, updates and feedback
- Annual Budget development and delivery of all sales, margin and cost targets
- The Programme Manager will also be responsible for the research and development of new business opportunities for the Kitchen, including the potential to open new sites in other locations
- A professional (law, accounting, economics) or business degree
- A passion for the NPO sector, the Pebbles Vision, Mission and Values and a particular interest in feeding schemes and nutrition programmes
- 10-years’ experience in a senior role within a commercial environment, ideally in the food, hospitality or retail sectors
- Must be a communicator
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Must have people skills and good understanding of HR practices and procedures
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Angela du Plessis at: [email protected]
If you are not invited for an interview by 14 May 2019, consider your application unsuccessful.
The Pebbles Project Trust reserves the right not to fill the position. EE candidates will be given preference.
For more about the Pebbles Project, refer to www.pebblesproject.co.za