The Pebbles Project Trust is a registered nonprofit organisation that supports children, families and communities on the wine farms in and around Stellenbosch and Wellington. The work of Pebbles consists of 5 main pillars: education, health, nutrition, protection and community.
The Pebbles Project seeks to employ a Kitchen Manager to be based in Stellenbosch.
The Kitchen Production Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Kitchen, the staff, the meal planning and production and the stock control to ensure gross margins are achieved.
The Pebbles Kitchen is a new Social Enterprise food production facility being developed outside Stellenbosch. The facility will produce cooked meals for the Pebbles beneficiaries, and then grow to supply other organisations. These meals will be sold to help cover the running costs of the facility, but not for the generation of profit.
- Production Planning, Stock Management and Cost Control
- Management of stock to ensure daily production is achieved
- Portion control to manage margins
- Stock counting and management of ‘free donations’
- Counting and recording of all incoming stock and stock on hand
- Staff Management and Development
- Ensure staff efficiency delivers the daily, weekly and monthly production targets
- Manage conflict resolution and disciplinary processes
- Training and talent development
- Health and Safety Management
- Responsibility for the Health and Safety Plan, File and Compliance
- Complete of all daily, weekly and monthly checks and recording of such
- Communication of any potential hazards to ensure corrective actions are taken
- Communication and Administration
- To ensure our customers (beneficiaries) are happy with their meals and service and to create corrective action plans for approval where required
- Monthly reporting to The Programme Manager with sales, costs and margin reports
- Inputting of supplier invoices into stock management system
- A Love of food and creating clever recipes for the production of great value, healthy meals
- A passion for the wellbeing of children through the provision of a balanced diet
- A bubbly, ‘can-do’ attitude with a determined and hardworking nature
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior role within a commercial kitchen as either kitchen manager, production manager or head chef
- Computer skills, with competency in excel, word and stock management systems
- Stock control understanding and experience
- Production planning and basic logistics
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- People skills and basic HR experience
To apply, submit a CV and a cover letter to Angela du Plessis at: [email protected]
If you are not invited for an interview by 14 May 2019, consider your application unsuccessful.
The Pebbles Project Trust reserves the right not to fill the position. EE candidates will be given preference.
The role is Monday-Friday, daytime only, so no late evenings or weekends.
Should demand grow to require additional shifts, these must be accommodated.
For more about the Pebbles Project, refer to www.pebblesproject.co.za