AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the patient care teams and executing the objectives of each AbbVie Care program flawlessly.
Supporting patients in managing their disease is paramount to AbbVie business and ensuring life-saving medicines are available to patients. Partnering with external stakeholders supporting and maintaining access to AbbVie medicines is essential to ensure adherence is optimal. Providing innovative access solutions across the organization with the patient as the driving force.
This role requires forging close relationships with commercial partners, 3rd party vendors external payers and patient organizations. The person in this role will have a deep understanding of the South African market opportunities and payer dynamics.
The role requires a strong analytic ability to interpret data to infer knowledge that result in business intelligence.
Executing all duties aligned to the high standards and compliance as part of AbbVie requirements and commitment to patients.
This position reports to the Market Access Director and is part of the Global Patient Experience team.
- Provide leadership and vision to direct reports ensuring the AbbVie care program offering is of the highest standards and provide patients with optimal outcomes.
- Serve as point person for knowledge and expertise and provide commercial teams leadership in patient care management program offerings.
- Build and execute a brand plans as part of an integral team that support AbbVie brands, ensuring patients is our highest consideration when formulating business plans.
- Lead the strategic and tactical management of 3rd party Vendors to develop and implement patient care programs that facilitate effective adherence management and optimal patient outcomes. Ensure a high level of collaboration and integration with the Commercial, Finance, and Legal teams.
- Manage allocated budget and spend align to contractual agreements limiting risk to AbbVie business.
- Continuously analyze the data generated by AbbVie Care programs informing the business or trends and outcomes that impact business decisions.
- Create and explore access strategies in complex market highlighting to payers’ burden of disease and economic value that can be released with AbbVie’s value offering, leveraging internal strengths and external opportunities.
- Establish strong relationships with external stakeholders (3rd Party Vendors, Payers, NGOs, Patient Associations, KOLs); ability to influence with an aim to maximize AbbVie’s access and patient programs goals.
- Lead collaborative efforts across functions and divisions to develop strategies and business cases for the launch of new product enhancements as well as pipeline products; managing the critical linkage between late-stage development, commercial planning, launch management, sales support, and marketing.
- Formulate strong communication plans, leveraging all internal and external communication opportunities, with a focus of establishing and differentiating AbbVie Care as leading industry patient care offering across the continuum of care. Driving innovative patient solutions in resource-challenged settings. Guide the creation of presentations and narratives that demonstrate AbbVie’s unique partnerships and role in the broader healthcare landscape.
- Ensure business activities are in line with company business conduct and compliance policies and procedures
- Clinical qualification is essential; a Degree or Diploma in Nursing Science registered with SANCA.
- Experience in clinical environment and patient care General Nursing with an insight into Immunology, Oncology patient care.
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing care or patient management programs.
- Strong track record of 2-3 years in managing a team.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry will be beneficial.
- Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint high level skills.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.