Qkids is a leading online education platform that connects North American English teachers with over 600,000 Chinese students from ages 4 to 12 years old. Using a narrative game-based curriculum, teachers guide students through fun and dynamic learning experiences while in the comfort of their own homes. Qkids’ unique patented platform is user-friendly and engaging for teachers and students alike. Founded in 2015, Qkids has become a national leader in cross-cultural online learning and established offices in Shenzhen, Xiamen, Guangzhou, and Beijing. The company has completed its Series B financing round led by IDG Capital and is poised to build lasting growth across the world.
Learn more at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JoinQkids/
What are the basic requirements?
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Teaching license or English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, ESL) required before lessons assigned
Where can I teach from?
This is a remote position. You can teach anywhere from the U.S. and Canada!
How long is one lesson?
Each in-lesson time is 30 minutes. Teachers are required to check the classroom equipment three minutes before the lesson.
What are the available class slots?
7 days a week (AM – EST): 5:40 – 8:10
Plus Friday and Saturday (PM – EST): 7:40 – 10:50
* Regularly available hours: 19
Yes, you can teach at Qkids with a full-time job!
Base pay and incentive:
- Base pay: $8 base pay for full lessons.
- Eligibility for $1 Performance Bonus for each lesson, based on family review.
- Eligibility for $1 Attendance Bonus for each lesson once a minimum of 15 lessons are taught in a week.
- Limited Attendance policies requiring 24-hour notice for schedule changes and minimum 5-hour notice to maintain eligibility for overall attendance fee.
How and when will I be paid?
All teachers will be paid in USD via bank transfer to your U.S. or Canada bank accounts. The transfer fee is covered by Qkids. The pay date is no later than the 15th of each month where you will be paid for the entire previous month of teaching. The pay date will automatically extend to the next week in the event of any Chinese national holidays.
How long is the contract? Can I take time off?
The contract term is 6 months with the possibility to extend upon re-evaluation. Please inform the Class Coordination Team 2 weeks in advance if you need to take extended time off during the contract.
Watch testimonial video:
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour