At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson Institute of Higher Education is currently seeking a Business Management lecturer who will expose our students to real-life case studies as well as interactive material within our robust curriculum.The purpose of this position is to cover the fundamental corporate strategies and entrepreneurship.Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for lecturing and administering modules based on the curriculum provided.
- The lecturer shall be responsible for the facilitation of learning, lecturing, tutoring, assessments. Lectures shall be provided with a weekly timetable and academic year calendar. Attendance of all lecturing periods as per the timetable and academic year planner is compulsory.
- Lectures shall conduct all related marking for module/s, which includes the marking of continuous assessments, initial, deferred/supplementary and special tests and examinations
- Preparation of study notes and additional study material, where relevant, and uploading them to the learner management system, where applicable.
- General academic administration, including the capturing of student class attendance on the relevant student management portal, as applicable, attending to student correspondence and queries.
- Contribute and implement innovative teaching and learning strategies, including technology enhanced learning methodologies, including the participation in community of practice conversations
- Optional duties may include invigilation, as per agreement with the Programme Convener and/or Academic Manager/Coordinator and at an agreed rate.
- Claims may only be submitted for actual lecture/contact time (lecture/contact time refers to actual teaching time), as per the academic calendar (excluding examination periods), as well as one period consultation per module per week, irrespective of whether students attended the consultation session.
- In the event of no students booking a consultation, the time shall be used for subject administration.
- No additional claims shall be submitted for preparation, marking or any other functions, save for prior arrangement and consultation with the Academic Manager/Coordinator.
Relevant lecturing teaching or tutoring experience within the realm of Business Management and Strategy
Experience in a higher education environment is an advantage.
Knowledge of higher education practices and processes.
Relevant research experience
Honours degree in Business Management, Masters Degree is advantageous
Pearson is committed to the principles of employment equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.
**Primary Location: ** ZA-ZA-Durban North
**Work Locations: ** ZA-Umhlanga-1 Lunar Durban New Town Centre, 1 Durban North 4319
**Job: ** Project/Temporary Workforce
**Organization: ** Growth
**Employee Status: ** External Worker
**Job Type: ** Standard
**Shift: ** Day Job
**Job Posting: ** Aug 18, 2019
**Job Unposting: ** Aug 25, 2019
**Schedule: ** Part-time Temporary
**Req ID: ** 1910134
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.