This role will work closely with the Sales Team and is based in Wadeville, Johannesburg.
As Panel Builders Program Manager, you will be responsible for taking the responsibility of driving the strategy and implementation of developing IEC Assemblies partners, while reporting directly to the Commercial Buildings Sales Manager.
- Support Country sales organizations team to expand the network of panel builder business, as part of the Power Advantage Program via:
- Partners program/product presentations
- Partners screening, selection and recruitment in coordination with the Business Unit
- Contract drafting and target agreement in order to build local /Eaton branded solutions.
- Lead and drive execution on all aspects of Panel builder program commercialization in order to get new partners up and running in close cooperation with our sales and cross functional teams (legal, operations, Business unit, …etc).
- Offer technical support to the PB on Eaton’s products to ensure Eaton’s quality standards are met.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders to enforce contract conditions to drive sustainable growth with the partners in the region. (commercial targets tracking, component competitiveness, documentation maintenance, product enhancements, audits).
- Offer operational support to the key accounts in the regions
- Lead process to create business plan per account and set up and reviews with business leaders both on Eaton side as well as on partner side to drive the plan and monitor performance.
- Accountable for PB commercial performance: technical support, orders, sales, pipeline and coverage
What we are looking for:
- An Electrical or Mechanical engineering graduate with around 10 years of South African experience with a reputed panel builder or a similar role with a LV or MV Switchboard system manufacturer, working in functions such as marketing, sales, business development, operations, engineering etc.
- Having strong technical knowledge of Low and Medium Voltage, and corresponding components like ACBs, MCCBs, MCBs , VCBs, etc.
- Having sound knowledge of South African markets and channels working with Panel Builders, including techno-commercial info on competition products would be an added advantage.
- Experienced in managing teams directly, driving performance through others via coaching and mentoring
- A great team player who can establish and build strong internal stakeholder relationships in and out of the African region
- Having stellar analytical and communication skills, combined with impressive presentation skills
- Experience with IEC61439/60439
- A strong track record with specifiers (Electrical ConsultingEngineer)
- Experience of software configuration tools for general arrangement and assembly of the panels offered
What we offer:
- At Eaton, we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry—a place where everyone matters and everyone belongs. These aren’t just words, they are part of our culture and code of ethics
- Learning & Development – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Candidates applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time