# 74144 – Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Job Description :
- Identify and implement margin improvement (FTG) projects for packaging items. Will work closely with multiple functions, including Production, Product Development, Supply Chain, Marketing, Quality, and Logistics as well as outside suppliers, contractors and consultants to achieve desired goals.
- Initiate and lead packaging simplification projects for cost saving and process improvement.
- will be supporting activities needed to design, develop and implement new and/or improved packagings to meet business goals, new product launches, and/or graphics revisions, RLs .
- Will be source of technical information for new projects printing, Artwork requirements and capability evaluation for Suppliers.
- Implement package testing procedures and standards to support the effective design, validation, and implementation of new packages for robust and safe product launches. Able to implement packaging tests, shipment tests and report them.
Profile & Qualifications :
- Experience gained in education or within a similar role, relevant experience include packaging, manufacturing or materials .
- A minimum standard of Diploma in a relevant field.
- 1-2 years experience, in industry and/or internships (Advantagous)
- Knowledge of Production & Printing processes, Material Selection and Design process is preferable
- Fluent spoken and written English commensurate with the role.
- This particular role will suit a candidate from a materials, engineering or product design discipline who has experience of working in a manufacturing environment Preferably they will also have an understanding of MS Office , Cape Pack software , MS Project , preferred SAP knowledge & skills
- Managing multiple priorities with minimal guidance, detail oriented, high level of communication skills with both internal and external groups.
- Being team work oriented and having high level of analytical, interpersonal skills.
- Quick decision making ability under pressure
- Provides efficient and timely documentation of local specifications for packages. Keep updated Packaging Material Specifications in SAP/PGSS. ,BOM / MDGM Creation and updates,PDC creation,Plant trial request, Po creation,update test master plans , creation and update of SOP Packaging MoC, and TT Checklists, BEAT projects updates and coordinating also .
- Support identifying root causes of packaging quality defects and driving resolution, and corrective actions plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact [email protected] with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.