SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organization working to improve the health care of 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Working together with national partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, we are committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of our work.
OUTREACH NURSE – MistraL Project Butha-Buthe
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, hard-working, pro-active and hands-on individual who is interested in research to provide onsite clinical support at project sites according to the approved protocol and standard operating procedures. The Outreach Nurse will work in collaboration with the DHMT, Health Facilities in Butha-Buthe, MistraL partners and Stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and supervise VHWs to ensure they follow approved protocol and GCP
- Perform community mobilization and sensitization in order to ensure a low-threshold community covid-19 testing platform managed by VHWs
- Document and keep records according to approved protocol and GCP standards care.
- Participate in project workshops, represent the project at the District Health Management Team
- Give input on the eHealth application implementation and the training material and the scientific output
Skills and Required Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years working experience, preferably in a government or CHAL health facility
- A valid registration certificate with the Lesotho Nursing Council
- Sound computer literacy, effective communication skills, report writing skills,
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken Sesotho and English
- Having worked with an NGO is an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team, able to pay attention to detail and to work in a multi-national team
- Some experience working in public/community health or research and/or with a local or international NGO will be an added advantage
Qualifications – Minimum Diploma in Nurse Midwifery
Applications must include:
- Motivation letter
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating relevant work experience
- Provide contact details of 2 professional referees
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copy of current council/association registration (where applicable)
Interested candidates should visit www.workplacesolutions.co.ls on how/where to apply. Closing date for application is on or before Friday 19th March 2021.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Short listed Research Assistant candidates will be asked to submit a written paper on a selected topic