Operator: Field (Copeland) ( Grade 13 )
Sappi Tugela Mill requires an Operator: Field (Copeland) to effectively manage and control resources within his area of responsibility (NSSC Digester, Evaporators, Reactor) with the objective of producing quality and quantity products according to customer requirements, mill standards and Plant objectives.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Conducts Plant inspection to ensure that the equipment is in a safe working condition.
- Operates fork lift to transport Gas Cylinders and Sodium Sulphite bags.
- Prepares Cooking liquor, EVAPS and Reactor for start-up and shut down according to procedure and quality requirements.
- Monitors plants and reports on quality defects e.g. (high and low GPL’s)
- Conducts Isolation permits on request from Eng. and Cleaning Staff.
- Operates Over Head Crane.
- Monitor levels. (cooking liquor, paraffin, silo)
- Ensure sufficient raw materials are available for Reactor start up. (bed material, Charcoal, Gas, Paraffin)
- Assist with Reactor, Feeding bed material, Rodding bed level,
- Clearing blockages, lines, pumps, bucket elevator, cooking liquor strainers, etc.
- Monitoring sump levels, prevention of effluent spillages
- Takes samples for various tests to the labs.
- Reports on all defects and equipment malfunctions to Process Operator, Pulp Foreman and Eng. Personnel.
- Regularly Inspects equipment for preventative maintenances purposes.
- Completes plant checklist and create SAP notifications for all defects.
- Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Generate spill reports when required.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric and/or NQF Level 4 Qualification and Full N3 Pulp & Paper (4 subjects)
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Minimum 1 Year relevant Plant Operations Experience
Closing date for this application is 26 June 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.