This advertisement is open to Nationals of Lesotho
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
As the head of operations of a small/medium-sized office or sub office, accountable for management of cost effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes. Manage the office’s operations (Finance,HR,ICT,Supply ) related functions in accordance with strategy, plans and decisions made by Country Programme Management Team and incorporating the advice from BNLS Operations Hub*.
The reporting of the position is to the Representative of the CO under the technical supervision of Chief of Operations of the BNLS Operations Hub in Johannesburg.
*BNLS Hub: Operations centre established in Johannesburg to support Botswana Namibia Lesotho and Swaziland COs on operations functions.
Qualifications Of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in accounting, business administration, economics, or financial management and membership – or enrolled for membership – of recognized professional accountancy body
- Five years of relevant professional operations management experience.
- National and/or International work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields,
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
Competencies of Successful CandidateCore Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Drive for Result
- Working with People
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Formulating Strategies and Concept
- Leading and Supervising
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Closing date: 24 March 2017