Are you a self-motivated, passionate and organised Operations Manager?
As the Operations and Administration Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of YCJF’s core operations functions. Taking up the position, you’ll be leading the administrative, financial, and general operative support for the efficient functioning of our organisation. You will be the primary responsible in areas such as our expenses and invoices processing, contracts, human resources management, budgeting, sourcing for events, and admin support for our grantmaking actions.
You will count on the help and have the amazing opportunity to learn both from our Fiscal Sponsor and Incubator organisation: the Urban Movement Innovation Fund. You will also be also in direct contact with the rest of YCJF Team (Development, Grantmaking, and Communications).
This is a great opportunity for someone willing to learn, with a keen interest in building a career in the Operations/Administration area within the philanthropic world, and who is committed to advocate for climate justice globally.
The Youth Climate Justice Fund (YCJF) supports youth climate justice movements with trust-based funding, resources and youth-to-youth capacity development. The YCJF was publicly launched during New York Climate Week 2023. In September, we also launched our first grantmaking call, receiving more than 1,800 applications from all over the world. This year we committed $500.000 to support youth climate justice movements.
Remote, preferably in the Global South.
USD230 per day – 5 days per week (7h per day) + benefits.
Early January 2024.
Full-time position on a consultant contract basis. The contract will be made by our Fiscal Sponsor based in the United-States, on behalf of the Youth Climate Justice Fund. We provide vacations and modest health compensation.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in partnership with our Fiscal Sponsor and Incubator to ensure the maintenance and coordination of YCJF’s operations, especially related to accounts payable, contracts, grants, revenue, and budgeting.
- Process payments and invoices timely through our expense management platform.
- Ensure the correct storage of receipts and its retrievability.
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding of new hirings: draft job offers, collection of CV and references from candidates, scheduling interviews, drawing-up contracts, creation of vendors, and subsequent maintenance of records for all YCJF staff and contractors (personal information, holidays, etc.).
- Support developing guidelines and internal policies on the good functioning of the organisation.
- Lead the implementation of the YCJF Compensation & HR Policy.
- Lead on the development of efficient internal process (i.e. trello, slack, google drive…).
- Implement YCJF’s annual financial strategy. This will include monitoring both the shared Financials and our Internal Budget, providing reports to funders and supporters when needed.
- Keep track of our Fiscal Sponsor Annual End Dates so as to plan accordingly.
- Assist in the grantees onboarding: contact, collection of required documents, and uploading of the requested information in our Grants Management Platform.
- Keep grantees/grants administrative databases updated and accurate.
- Events planning: support in venues and catering sourcing, accommodation booking, flight tickets purchase.
- Help to organise online and in-person meetings.
- Analyse the operations procedures currently in place and forward suggestions for its improvement in order to maximise efficiency.
- Proven experience in administration, finance, and/or project management.
- Knowledge of office and accounting management systems and procedures.
- Strong skills in Excel.
- Experience in solving administrative problems.
- Experience in strategic/financial planning is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Good critical thinking skills and ability to analyse operations problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound organisational abilities to proactively manage work, especially around time management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and self-accountable.
- Proficient in English language. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Ability to work across time zones and with different cultures.
- Passion, motivation and dedication to climate justice principles.
- Kindness and caring for others as core values for the team working spirit.
We are committed to build a workplace and team where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritised. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
If interested, please send us your CV, cover letter and any information you consider relevant from you and previous work at [email protected]. We will be receiving applications up to the 12th of December 2023. 🌸🌼