Application Deadline: August 1st 2020
NZ-GRADS is a PhD scholarship offered to science students from developing countries to complete their PhD at a New Zealand university.
The scholarship covers the following for a total of three years (36 months):
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies up to a total of $10,000 NZD per year
- An annual living stipend of $28,000 NZD per year (tax free)
- Medical insurance cover up to $700 NZD per year
- Visa application costs to a maximum of $1,000
- Return flights to New Zealand up to a maximum of $6,000
- Book and thesis preparation allowance of up to $1,500 (one-off)
To apply you must:
- Be from a developing country (as defined by the International Monetary Fund); and
- Your PhD research topic must be related to greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural systems.
- You can bring your family to live in New Zealand with you:
- Your partner or spouse will be able to apply for an open work visa for the duration of your studies.
- You will be able to enrol your children as domestic students in New Zealand’s free state schools.
- You will be studying at a top New Zealand University or Research Organisation.
- You will be actively supported through various extension and networking events hosted in New Zealand.
- You may be able to work alongside your studies, as PhD students studying in New Zealand usually have unlimited work rights.
- You will be supported when you arrive, as New Zealand is a very welcoming country and there are systems in place to help you and your family settle in. Read more about how communities in NZ will support you.
- You get to live in New Zealand! NZ is famous for its relaxed pace of life, unbeatable outdoor lifestyle and excellent work/life balance. We work hard but make time for family, friends and enjoying our beautiful environment
For More Information: