Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. BCMCFL is responding to the request for proposal by the Ministry of Finance Project Management Unit (MOFPMU) to be Sub-Recipient to support implementation under New Funding Model 3 (NFM 3) Grant of the Government of Lesotho supported by the Global Fund.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Nursing Assistant * 7
Based in the following districts:
Qacha’s Nek x1
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Nursing Assistant will be the member of the team based in the district to ensure efficient service provision of all the services provided. The Nursing Assistant reports directly to the Project Nursing Assistant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide Health education to adolescents and young people on deferent services provided through the mobile clinic;
• STI, TB and COVID-19 screening for adolescents and young people;
• Provide HTS to AYP through mobile clinic;
• Ensures that registers are up to date;
• Link and follow up all clients for further management and continuum of care;
• Maintain proper record keeping of all activities;
• Assist in scaling up SRH services to adolescents in the communities;
• Assist the project Nurse in reporting of projects activities
• Coordinate with demand creator to ensure that mobilization is done for services;
• Performs any other duty that may be assigned by administration from time to time.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• Certificate in Nursing Assistant or Diploma in general nursing
• Current registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council
• Must have knowledge of TB/HIV screening and testing services; tracing and linkage coupled with
basic TB, HIV and adherence
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in TB and HIV/AIDS care and treatment
• Experience working with children, adolescents and young people will be an added advantage
• Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet targets
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, certified copy of current registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council or Lesotho Nursing Council where applicable, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, 20th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.