CBA is a non-governmental organization whose mandate is to assist the Lesotho Government on five thematic areas HIV and AIDS, Livelihoods, Economic Empowerment, Food Security and Humanitarian Relief.
With support from the Global Fund (GF) CBA is implementing TB/HIV , SRH Interventions in the following 8 districts Mafeteng, Mohale’sHoek, Quthing, Qacha’sNek, Thaba-Tseka, Mokhotlong, Butha-Buthe and Berea with the focus on Key Populations ( Female Sex workers, MSM and IDUs) .
Applications are invited from the suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions based at Maseru:
Responsibilities include but limited to:
The Nurse will be responsible for providing a minimum package of HIV prevention services, through support and integration on TB/HIV/SRH including PrEP, to eligible persons in Mokhotlong at designated Drop in Centers or supported hotspots. The position will also entail frequent travel to support outreach services in, hotspots and community settings. There will be close collaboration with Ministry of Health facilities responsible for the catchment areas being targeted. The position reports directly to the District Coordinator.
- Supervise booking of clients for TB/HIV/SRH preventions services to ensure correct registration and efficient patient flow
- In the absence of the HTS Counselor, provide both individual and group counseling for HIV testing, TB screening, PrEP, SRH and TB screening and answer client questions
- Ensure that DICs have the requisite supplies, test kits, job aides, and other materials to provide quality comprehensive services.
- Ensure clients’ confidentiality during all individual consultations
- Together with the team, ensure high quality TB/HIV/SRH integration services are offered and maintained.
- Adhere to national guidelines and SOPs
- Ensure client record forms and monitoring and evaluation tools are filled properly at all times for quality data management
- Ensure timely communication with lab services for diagnostic testing and return of results
- Ensure medication and supplies inventory system in use
- Monitor the client during follow-up visits and assess for any concerns, adverse events, etc.
- Assist in data compilation of weekly/monthly reporting to Data Clerks and M&E Officer or others, as advised by the supervisor.
- Ensures patient information is accurately recorded at sites; and treated with confidentiality
- Take part in preparation of schedules outreach services in conjunction with the DHMT.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Diploma in Nursing required (Degree preferred)
- Valid registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in TB/HIV/SRH counseling
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and communication skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively in a demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to work with Key Populations from all backgrounds
- Dynamic professional willing to work flexible hours
- Computer Skills, including MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Interested candidates should submit application letter, CV, certified copies of certificates, transcripts and identity document. All applications should be addressed for the attention of the Human Resources Office and must be sent by email address to: [email protected] applications[@]care4basotho.org.ls on or before Thursday 17th May 2023 at 17:00. For further information, please contact the above mentioned email.
NOTE: Applicants should show on the subject the position they are applying for.