The Ministry of Trade and Industry wishes to inform the trading community and the public that the new Business Licensing and Registration Act will be implemented from 1st August 2022.
Changes brought about by the new law:
• Other business activities will only be registered.
• Only business activities that are deemed harmful to human health and have negative impact on the environment will be licensed.
• New licensing fees
• For business premises, Maseru City Council will issue Occupancy certificate not health certificate as before.
• New applications and renewals done after 1st August 2022, will be under new regulations.
• A licence issued to a naturalized or registered citizen of Lesotho, or an enterprise of which the proprietor, shareholder, partner, or director is not a citizen of Lesotho shall remain in force until the expiry of the licence.