APPLICATIONS FOR NMDS BURSARIES TO STUDY IN SOUTH AFRICA UNIVERSITIES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR BEGINNING JANUARY 2020.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the Government of Lesotho bursaries based on the published priorities of study to pursue Bachelor’s Degree, Honours, Masters and PhDs at Universities in the Republic of South Africa for January 2020.
• Application letter addressed to Director – NMDS and must be hand delivered to NMDS offices.
• Original and certified copies of academic certificates and transcript.
• Original and certified copies Of National ID and a valid passport.
• Applicants must have paid at least 50% of their Loan Bursary and cleared existing arrears if any.
• Employer’s nomination letter for employed applicants. The letter must state duration of employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
• LGCSE or IGCSE Minimum APS 26.
• COSC Minimum Second Class.
• AS/A Level
• Senior Certificate – Matriculation Exemption, Admissible into ND or Bachelor’s Degree.
• All 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year University registered students may apply using 1st semester academic results (and previous year academic results for 2nd and 3rd year applicants). This must be students already enrolled for the programme on the priority list. All 1st semester courses must have been registered for and passed.
• Results of completed bridging course relevant to the program applied for as listed in the priorities.
• Complete results of N5 or N6 relevant to the programme of study listed on the priorities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
• Minimum of 1st degree from a recognized institution.
All applications should be delivered to NMDS offices. Applications will be received from Monday the 10th August to 20th September 2020 from 08:00a.m to 10:00am.
N.B. Only academic qualifications will be accepted. SKILLS SHARPENING AND SHORT TERM CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. All applications should be delivered to NMDS offices.