POST TITLE : NETWORK TECHNICIAN
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT : ADMINISTRATION – ICT
REPORTS TO : NETWORK & INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER GRADE
Under the supervision of the Network & Infrastructure Manager, the Network Technician is responsible for providing support in the operation of the Lerotholi Polytechnic (LP) campus data communications networks and ensuring delivery of high levels of availability and security of data, voice, video and wireless network services. Assist in the administration of the LP datacentres (servers, storage, cloud infrastructure, backup platforms and facilities). Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the LP ICT resources. Assist in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimisation of LP network hardware, software and communication systems.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Assist in the administration of the LP network and datacentre infrastructure and ensure maximum uptime and optimal performance of the network.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting equipment for LP data communications network including hardware, software, and data communications equipment.
- Assist in the design of the LANs, WANs and wireless networks infrastructure and services, including cabling, servers, routers, switches, UPSs.
- Ensure that the LP disaster recovery and incident response plans are continuously responsive and the likelihood of security incidents or potential disaster are minimised by running periodic vulnerability scans, network and security audits, system backups, disaster recovery and functionality of protection systems such as intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Assist in the configuration of the LP network and monitor performance to ensure uninterruptible connectivity of all servers (including backup), data, e-mail, workstations, printers, telephony systems and other network resources.
- Assist in running information security awareness training programs and ensure periodic training is conducted for LP users.
- Assist in documenting network configurations, network mappings, network component inventory and network performance reports.
- Providing support to End-Users of LP data communications network.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the supervisor which is consistent with the terms and conditions of employment.
NB*Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Computer Systems Engineering/ Information Systems or equivalent PLUS Certificate in Cybersecurity and Certificate in CCNA Networks.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in Network Support/Administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of current products and services available and applicable to LAN/WAN and data communications systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of computing systems, electronics, and software development required to design, manage, and trouble-shoot high performance client/server network applications
- Demonstrated experience in client-server network applications
- Ability to work effectively with personnel on all levels
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good customer care
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast-paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should hand-deliver their detailed applications to the LP Human Resources Office which is situated at the Administration 1 Building. OR send by E-mail to [email protected]
The applications should be accompanied by: Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts on or before Friday, 12th AUGUST, 2022 at 1500 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16