Purpose of the Job
The position reports to General Manager – Investment and Trade Promotions (GM-ITP), the purpose of the job is to manage Nation Brand Project activities within the Lesotho National Development Corporation (LNDC). This includes managing and influencing strategic relationships with all key stakeholders including, inter alia, business community, civil society and government to promote Brand Lesotho’s programmes and communications objectives in partnership with these key stakeholders, to external audiences such as local and international investor communities.
Term of contract
3 Year Fixed Term Contract renewable subject to excellent performance.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or Post-graduate degree in economics, marketing, business management, project management or related fields. Relevant Master’s degree would be an added advantage. At least Five (5) years of progressive relevant professional experience in marketing, communications, public relations, stakeholder relations at senior management level. Knowledge and experience in Corporate brand establishment and management is a key requirement.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following functions:
- Manages and implements Nation Brand Project including its communications and marketing programmes in partnership with critical strategic stakeholders
- Plays a key programmatic role in the scoping and delivery of Nation Branding sub-projects/initiatives through obtaining briefs from internal and external stakeholders as may be appropriate
- Manages key stakeholders and establishes long-term and sustainable relationships that present optimum partnership opportunities to support Nation Brand Project
- Develops strategies and manages marketing campaigns across media to ensure that the Brand meets external audiences’ expectations (e.g. investor community)
- Mobilizes and leverages stakeholder resources for implementation of the project efficiently to secure above-board positive value proposition for Nation Brand Project to support investment and trade initiatives
- Supervises advertising, product design and other forms of marketing to maintain consistency in Nation branding
- Analyses the success of marketing campaigns and creating informative reports to advice senior management
- Undertakes research on emerging market insights that can either positively or negatively affect the Nation Brand and provide appropriate activation plan
- Works closely with other strategic business units to achieve the overall mandate of the Corporation
- Provides meaningful reporting to senior management in a timely and effective manner
- Ensures cross functional development, consolidation and integration of Nation Branding, trade facilitation and investment promotion for maximum efficiency and impact
- Manages budget, quality of outputs and a team of officers for the project
- Manages the Lesotho Nation Brand reputation nationally and globally on behalf of the Corporation.
Knowledge, skills and behavioural attributes
- Strong leadership, management, coaching and organisational skills
- Excellent oral written, cross functional and interpersonal communication skills that are appropriate for various levels including management, investors, high ranking government officials and staff
- Networking ability
- Ability to manage diverse expectations and perceptions effectively and assertively
- Ability to develop content for media across various platforms – including print, broadcast and digital
- Media management and marketing skills
- Good project planning and execution skills including the ability to make mid-course corrections where necessary
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong problem solver and planner with organisational and analytical ability
- A proven history of delivering excellent work on branding issues
- Competence in the use of standard software’s (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Commitment to performance and accountability
- Personality, conduct and credibility that engages and commands confidence and respect
Remuneration and Benefits
The Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package for the position.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications accompanied by a detailed CV with names and addresses of three referees to [email protected].
To download application forms, go to www.lndc.org.ls
Deadline is 03rd April 2021 Not later than 12 noon
Enquires: [email protected] ,or (+266 2231 2012)
Disclaimer: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Corporation reserves a right to appointed suitable that candidates that meet applications requirements. No late applications will be accepted.