NACOSA is a network of over 1,800 civil society organisations working together to turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB in Southern Africa. NACOSA promotes dialogue, builds capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channels resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly among children and youth, key populations and women and girls.
NACOSA seeks to appoint a Programme Specialist to be based in Cape.
The purpose of the position is to support and deliver on NACOSA’s USAID funded Community-based Violence Prevention and Linkages to Response in SA Programme. This HIV Prevention Programme focuses on delivering programmes to Orphans and Vulnerable Children and Adolescent Girls and Young Women, as well as survivors of sexual violence. The grant is implemented in 4 provinces.
Reports to: Chief of Party.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation plan of the Grant over the remaining 4 years of the grant period.
- Provide in-depth programmatic guidance and leadership to implementing partners to ensure programme quality.
- Analyse programme performance and report to stakeholders and donors as required.
- Network with, and build strategic alliances and relationships with key stakeholders in the gender and sexual violence field and act as a thought leader
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years specific HIV prevention related work experience in the health and social development sectors, and preferably in the field of key populations at risk for HIV.
- Experience in programme planning, implementation, management and M&E, including management of outsourced partners.
- Knowledge about: HIV prevention, sexual and reproductive health; HIV Testing Services; GBV programming; evidence-informed and rights-based programming for survivors of GBV, particularly for adolescent girls and young women; functioning of Thuthuzela Care Centres; the relevant national and provincial policies and guidelines pertaining to GBV and HIV services.
- Excellent communications skills in English, including the ability to guide implementers and service providers on the programme.
- Must be analytically minded and have excellent writing skills, including the ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience of web-based data systems and ability to create graphs, flow diagrams and GANTT charts.
- Must be highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the NGO sector and knowledge of big donor processes/requirements will be a benefit.
- Must be a human rights advocate with excellent advocacy skills and experience.
- Driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
To apply, please visit the link to our job board at https://nacosa.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ to view all our vacancies and apply.
For more about NACOSA, refer to http://www.nacosa.org.za/