NACOSA is a networking organisation that brings communities together to tackle HIV and its impact on vulnerable people. We have a 19 year track record of working with donors, government and communities to strengthen community systems and turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB.
We do this through mobilizing our network of over 1,700 organisations, promoting dialogue between government and affected people, building capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channeling resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly for children and youth, key populations and women and girls.
The Driver/Messenger – Key Performance Areas
The Driver/Messenger position supports on NACOSA’s AGYW, SW, PWID, GBV and CRS Programmes implemented in South Africa, reporting to the Provincial Manager. The candidate meets the overall transport and messenger needs in line with programme service delivery activities on the various programmes. Compliance with relevant national transport and driving rules and regulations, and the NACOSA’s vehicle management regulations should be observed at all times in support of ensuring the safety and security of staff, visitors, and passengers.
The main duties of the role are:
- Transport and Messenger services including
- Delivery or pick-up of health products, goods, documents on a day-to-day basis
- Shuttle staff to and from airport as required and possible.
- Repair and Maintain vehicle fleet at Pretoria office
- Ensure cleanliness and good running order of all vehicles in coordination with Fleet Manager in Cape Town.
- Ensure vehicles are adequately prepared and equipped for staff trips to programme implementation areas.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and update accurate log sheets to reflect and code all trips completed.
- Reconcile petrol card usage and submit reports to Finance aas required.
- Comply with all NACOSA fleet and driving policies and procedures
- Abide by traffic laws at all times.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a mature and experienced driver with a successful track record of driving and messenger service delivery.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Valid code B South Africa driver’s license with no endorsements.
- At least 5yrs driving experience together with driving related work experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in one or more South African languages besides English a distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge of automotive maintenance and vehicle operations.
- Good knowledge of current traffic rules and regulations.
- Able to complete forms and registers accurately.
- Proven integrity and honesty.
- Be able to follow instructions and procedures.
- Sensitive to issues around key populations at risk for HIV and gender/sexuality diversity.
- Can work without supervision, and flexible to cope with changing circumstances and time pressures.
- Be able to work independently, be highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills.
- Pride in driver/messenger professionalism.
- Have sober habits
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and positive attitude.
- Willing to work in excess of 40 hours per week and to be available at short notice.
Remuneration will be competitive, based on skills and experience.
CLOSING DATE: 17 February 2019
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.